Sunday, September 12, 2010

We Be Grillin'

Chad was FINALLY able to grill for us on Friday night!
It has been well over a year since we have enjoyed anything that he has made on the grill, as we left our grill at our rental property (we had every intention of starting our backyard WAY sooner than when we really did). Hubs has had plenty of time to study up and how to cook my steaks just right - and let me tell you, it was perfect and so delicious!

While daddy was grilling, the kiddos were out enjoying the backyard! There are only a few things they have left to do back there and then we are all done. Those things include spreading the rock around the basketball court area (we are taking Kyan to pick his hoop out soon), adding the horseshoe pit, logs to the fireplace, and our surround sound! We are going to get Lola a sandbox too - as she seems to find any dirt spot left and shovels it into her bucket and dumps it onto a spot that is done! If all goes as planned, should be done this week!
Here they are playing a friendly game of tag on the grass:



Probably the highlight of their evening was when grandma and grandpa showed up! They came with surprises in hand (look at my kids feet, new slippers)! Every second that the kids get with grandma and grandpa they cherish! Grandpa was the only one who could participate with Lola in dance class on Saturday (she pouted until he went in the room)! They had them all day Saturday (Lola likes to remind me that I have to go to work - which I didn't - just so she can stay with them)! They watched half of the Cardinals game with us and the Swishers, where we did more grilling!

Turned out to be a great weekend! Hope yours was too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love how lola has on boots lol......and is chad asking u questions in the video lmao cuz it seems like ur ignoring him i was cracking up.......ree looooves her slippers i need to find some fuzzy ones like those......so glad the yard is all coming together hope i get to come c it soon :)

Sarah and Noah Pratte said...

That food looks amazing!!! Good job Chad! The yard looks great too! You guys finished just in time - the weather is perfect for being outside!

Amy said...

OMW... I am so jealous! I loved grilled steak, but we hardly get it as our grill is so old and a pain to use :(. I am so excited for you and your new backyard. I told Brandon that if we are EVER in AZ, I MUST come see you and go swimming in your pool!! Haha. Miss you girl. Xoxo

Dear Lillie said...

Love Lola's boots and yeah, I am totally JEALOUSSSSSSSS right now!

Candis said...

The kids look so happy in their new yard!
Also, that food looks mouth-watering....but NOT burnt enough for you, Frien!? Haa I joooooke. Miss you guys & hope to see you & the new pad soon!

Mande said...

Jenni- you have the spread! So jealous girl! Loved the little video too. Your kiddos are so cute!
xo

Lissette said...

Food looks yummy and the yard looks awesome. The video of the kiddos is funny. Seems like they sure enjoy each others company.

BTW, your hair looks really cute.

Garrett Family said...

Sorry I am just now getting to this post. The food looks so yummy. I'm ready for Chad to work his magic, on the grill, for me :)

I LOVE seeing videos of your kids. Kyan and Lola hold a very special place in my heart, and they put the BIGGEST smile on my face. I wish somehow in our busy lives we had more time with eachother.