Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine's Day Wreath

I LOVE it!
My poor hubby had to suffer through many a movies with the lights on (he hates having to do this) so that I could cut out strips of felt to roll into flowers!
I started this wreath about a month ago, with full intention of finishing it in one weekend, but I discovered that I get sidetracked very easily and start something new, before something old isn't finished!
I am sad that this bad boy only gets to hang for a week, it turned out better than I could have wished for.

Do you LOVE it too?
Want to make your own?
Super easy (just very time consuming, trust me)!

What you need:
heart shaped wreath
2 yards felt
hot glue gun
hot glue
ribbon
scissors


Step One:
Cut circle (any and all shapes and sizes) out of felt.
Scallop edeges (as seen in upper left hand corner square), it gives more dimension to the flower.
Begin rolling felt in a circle (shown on bottom pictures).


Step Two:
Once you have finished rolling, hot glue the bottom to hold the flower together.


Step Three:
Tie a ribbon onto the back of wreath (I would recommend doing this part first, and I will if I ever made this again) and hang on the door of choice!

I thought that I LOVED it before it was hung, but when I saw it this afternoon, I LOVED it even more! Here it is, one more time, all done...for your viewing pleasure (ok, mine too)!





Linking up with some of my favorite party people!

34 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Stop it!!! That is the cutest Valentine's Wreath I have EVER seen! Great job! I don't think I have the patience to make one. I am SO impressed!

Mande said...

LOVE!!! This is the cutest wreath ever! xoxo

Miranda said...

This is gorgeous!! I'm a huge fan of anything "valentine" related (it's my birthday, so I may be a little partial...). I'm so glad I happened upon your blog and pressed the follow button! I look forward to reading more! :)

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful! and even though it was time consuming I think it is well worth the effort. It looks great on your door. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower and visiting via "Just Something I Whipped Up Blog Party"

Candis said...

Who knew a Valentine wreath could even look that beautiful- I love it!!

Silly girl, posting it again for our pleasure!
haaa
Yayy for Monday & our Bachelor Bonding time!....

Garrett Family said...

LOVE IT TOO Jenni. You just need to quit your job and open a crafty business.

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Seriously - that is amazing!! Great job!

Stephani said...

That's great! I love your idea to scallop the edges. I just made one very similar out of pinks and white roses. I posted it to my blog today :) I <3 felt!

Mari said...

Love love loooove it.
Featured your great Tutorial here:
http://choochmagooz.blogspot.com/2011/02/tutorial-tuesday-valentines-special.html

Saludos, Mari

Delia said...

I just found you through Sassy Sites. Wowza. This is gorgeous!

Jana said...

Looks great--so pretty!Thanks for linking up over at Giggles, Glitz & Glam!

Be sure to check out this excellent giveaway: http://www.tinyurl.com/froggygirl

Alison Agnew said...

New follower from the Trendy Treehouse hop! I love love love this little red wreath. You should post it on my linky Fridays Unfolded tomorrow.

Blessings,

Alison
Stuff and Nonsense

Chandeen @ Designed by Chance said...

That is so nice!! I really love the wreath, I had no idea it was felt until I read your post.

Linh C. said...

Just gorgeous! I love it. I need to make one but I'd have to leave it out all year because it would be stinking cute, if it looks anything like yours!! :)

Unknown said...

This is truly a beauty-I made rosettes from book pages and it was a very lengthy process-can't imagine how long this took but it was def worth it! I'm your newest follower-Claire

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Just gorgeous! Your hard work really paid off. Thanks for sharing at My Backyard Eden! I'll be featuring your project on Saturday.

Kelli W said...

That is such a pretty wreath! I totally get the whole start a project and get sidetracked thing! I do that all the time...especially if a project is taking me longer to do than I want it too:)

Anonymous said...

i want one!!!!!!!!!!! lol i better start wrapping flowers now........geez girlie there must of been 100 in there....its beautiful!!

jandjhome said...

I LOVE it! This is one of the prettiest I've seen. By the way, your blog is adorable. I love the yellow and the picture is beautiful.

58 Cherries said...

Wow that looks like it took a lot of work, but worth it! Very cute idea and no one said you HAVE to take it down after Valentine's day - it's very pretty all year round. :)

Nicki
58Cherries

Unknown said...

This is one of the prettiest felt heart shape wreaths I've seen in blogland recently. I love how full it looks and how you have multiple sizes of "flowers". Thanks for sharing!

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

I am featuring this today! Thanks for linking up!

gillian said...

can I just tell you,

HOLY crap woman. That's adorable! Your blog is adorable, I just think we should be bloggy friends! I'm a new follower! :)

-Gillian
kevinandgillian.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

I just saw you featured on Love Stitched and thought I would tell you how AWESOME your wreath is! Love your blog too:)

Nicole

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

So pretty!

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...
Barb

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

This rocked so much that I just had to feature it this week at my Hookin Up with HoH party!

Stop by and grab a button if you'd like!

~Allison @ House of Hepworths

Sassy Sites! said...

{SEW}cute!! Thanks for joining our link up party over at Sassy Sites! Happy Wednesday! xoxo!!

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Ms.Mary said...

I'm thinking all of that rose making.....BUT WITH FONDANT ON A CAKE!!

Amy said...

This is so stinkin' cute!!!! I love it. I spotted it at Not Just a Housewife!!!!
Amy at winecountrymama.com

Susan said...

Found this on a link-link-link via pinterest-♥ it! this is the one I am making :)

I'd love to know the size of the wreath tho-12"? 16"? !8?" Off to measure my front door for a good sizing :)

Anonymous said...

To make the flowers bigger do you use more as in length of felt or cut the felt wider? Thanks love it..

Rachael Gillis said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG. I am convinced we need to be frinds girl! So I've been to hobby lobby in search of something that will do a scalloped cut like you did on your felt. No dice. What did you use??? Is your heart shaped wreath made with vines or what? Where did to buy it? I was all gung ho ready to start making this tonight it now I'm all bummed because I cant find all the materials I need! Help!!

BunnyKK said...

I seriously need a template for this! One I/we can print up and use. Is it possible for you to do ?