Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's Done!

What a week it has been...and it is only Tuesday!
One word.
BUSY.

What most of you don't know is that I am shooting my cousin's wedding this weekend up in Payson {so excited} and then turning around hours later to host the reception in my backyard!  I feel honored.  When she asked me to be the photographer I was over the moon excited, when she asked to use the backyard to hold the reception, ecstatic!  My wheels immediately started turning though.  How is this going to work?  I won't be home to clean, make sure everything is ready?!  What will it look like?  
Enter my incredible sister-in-law, Rae Lynn and mother-in-law, Donna.  Quick to volunteer to help with any and everything wedding related, and let me tell you there are good.  Rae has done a dynamite job on decor {keeping it simple with supplies we have had on hand, aka, my craft room, it pays to be a hoarder}!  Think pennant doilies, mason jars, monogrammed letters...girlfriend has ideas in her head like it is nobody's business and has made so many of them herself, while I am at work!  Last night we played with lighting, as in my backyard has none and how do we create it while keeping it romantic?!  At 9:30 we called it a night, brains overloaded and unable to think anymore!  That being said, it is so much fun and it is all I want to do!
However, I have a real job and that real job requires a lot of my attention.  Morning duty, big observations, meetings, curriculum night {tomorrow}, first quarter grades due all this week!  AHHHHHHHHHH!  Yep, feel like screaming a little and living a bit off of adrenaline {and Mickey D's unsweetened ice tea of course}! 
So when my aunt and cousin {bride to be} came over tonight to deliver some more wedding items for Saturday and had my finished wedding album for me, I was over the moon excited!  It is a crazy week, so when a surprise like this comes along, definite game changer!
You know, it only took over 7 years of marriage to have our day scrapbooked into something worth displaying! 
 It is stunning!
Now, in my defense, I did try to put our pictures into a Shutterfly album and the picture quality was horrific.  Every picture I uploaded, the resolution was so distorted.  I was bummed and left the pictures in a chewed up album, courtesy of our late dog Delilah!  After I was done feeling sorry for myself, I begged my aunt, who is an amazing scrapbooker {something I just do not have the patience or knack for, although I am crafty}, to please do something, anything, with my pictures!  I told her I didn't care if I got them back in a year, two, three!  Heck, it is not like I was going to do anything with them anyway.  With her daughter's wedding quickly approaching, my wedding album is complete!  Just in time to start working on Hannah's!
Just look at those pages!  Full of incredible memories that I have been instructed to journal and write in!  I promise I will..someday, just not this week!  I can't pick out a favorite page, but there were a few pictures that stood out to me.  Not of the hubs and I together, but of us, with our dads.  The one of my dad and I in the middle I love!  And each of the pictures that includes Brion, I felt like I stopped breathing for just a second with each picture that I came across.  What a beautiful memory to see him.

THANK YOU AUNTIE HEIDI!
 Looking forward to spending the weekend with you!
 
Photobucket

 PS-If you don't see me 'round these parts for a little bit, go back to that one word.  BUSY!  I do have a few projects that need posting and a fall supper club post to tell about, as we came full circle this year together!  But all of those may just have to be put on the back burner for awhile!  We'll see how much I can squeeze in without losing my mind completely! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how beautiful i cant wait to c the whole thing......how exciting to host a reception..........i would lv that.......so stressful but worth it ......i can;t wait to c all the pics.....u are born to do that stuff...i would so help if u need anything :)

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

I'd be stressed too!

Lauren {whimsy lane} said...

Ahh I love books like this! Danny and I have some from way back in the day that I want to dig up now!

Candis said...

The cover is AMAZING and can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the pages and see them in person!
You guys were SO tan, so young & in love! haaaa For real, though- love that Heidi did that for you guys.