I bought a few felt bows for Lola's hair at the Junk in the Trunk sale a while back for $6 each. I love the idea of them and just how adorable they look in Lola's hair, but I didn't love the price {only because I knew they could be made for next to nothing}. I had full intentions of making my own right away, but how most things go, I put it off and put it off, and Lola continued to wear her three that I originally purchased for her!
Well, with a shopping spree last weekend {or was it two?!} and new clothes for the kids, she needed more colors, so I got to work this past weekend and started cranking them out, because really they are going to make great Christmas gifts or future birthday presents!
They really do not take long at all. I referenced both Ruffles and Stuff and Lines Across My Face {both have great tutorials, click on their blog name, who knows, their tutorial might be way easier to understand than mine!} and one of the bows I previously purchase for Lola to help me out!
Grab your favorite colored piece of felt and lets get started!
Start out with an 8.5x11 sheet of felt {so many colors/patterns to chose from these days}.
Oh yeah, I do have a desk in my craft room, but somehow I always end up on the floor! It is so much more comfortable!
Then, cut strips approximately 8.5"x1.5" strips. I just measure once and then laid the cut strip on top of the uncut piece of felt and make the next cut. I made 5 strips this length {you could probably do one more, but I did make another type of felt bow, so I wanted the extra left over for that!}. I cut about 2" off of the original strip. I didn't want the bow that big. Adjust it as you see fit!
Using hot glue, I folded the two ends over, creating the bow shape, and sealed.
You will need a piece of felt approximately 8.5"x0.5" to wrap around the pinched bow. I wrapped it around twice once I had the bow shaped how I liked it and glued it on the backside.
Just slip in an alligator clip and you are all set! No real need to hot glue the alligator clip in, although you could if you wanted to. If you don't you can use on clip for all of the different colors that you make!
And just to show you how cute they really look in the hair, check out Lola! She loves her bows and was happy to show one off for you!
I want to make so many more colors for her and plan to take full advantage of my 5 day weekend crafting my little heart out and getting some of the homemade Christmas presents on my list checked off!!!

Linking up with some of my favorite party people this week!







19 comments:
De sløyfene var kjempesøte--ha en fin dag
These are just as cute as the model!
Me again! I looked for an e-mail to contact you after I left the last comment. I couldn't find one, so here I am again. Would you be interested in being an upcoming guest on my blog. E-mail me at jennifer.olivershelton@knoxschools.org. Yep! I'm a teacher too. I look forward to hearing back from you.
I love these bows! Felt is my new fave material to work with!
I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/11/pinteresting-linky-party-week-fourteen.html
VERY, VERY cute! i may just be able to do this myself... maybe. i'm challenged :-)
These are so cute! And Lola looks adorable!
So so cute!!!
Thinking and praying for you today xoxo
They are SUPER cute! Especially love the grey one (that is my only hint!) heee hee
i def will be making some soon...hmmm maybe tomorrow lol....love Lo's poses to cute!!
Just had to tell you, I felt very spoiled by you last night for offering up a certain gray hair bow and that mouth-watering enchilada casserole!! Haaa I am very thankful to have you as my "frien."
Hope you guys have a very happy thanksgiving!
Aw, sooo cute! I love the pics of her modeling them. They look even more adorable on her than they do by themselves. Thanks so much for sharing at Shine On Fridays!
So easy and cute!!! Visiting from Show and Tell Saturday.
So cute! I'm a new follower! ~ Alicia
Super cute! These would make perfect stocking stuffers :) Visiting from COM and wanted to invite you over to my place to link this up to my fashion linky party! It's called DIY Diva Thursdays and we party every TH-M :) HOpe to see you!
Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com
These are sooooo cute! My daughter would love them! I think I'll make her some for the new outfits I just bought this past weekend. I just posted on my blog about making a bow tie for my 3 year old and this looks very similar!
These are SUPER cute. Im going to have to try making them!
This is so awesome that I featured it at my Hookin Up with HoH Party!
Feel free to stop by and grab a button if you'd like!
xoxo
Allison @ House of Hepworths
I've tried making these SO many times, and they just never turn out cute. Great job!!
Adorable! Where did you get that pizza-cutter-looking cutter?
-caroline @ c.w.frosting
Post a Comment