I remember our wedding day like it was yesterday...so why can't I ever remember the number of years we have been married?! Last year I thought we were on 7 and you corrected me and this year I thought we were on 8, again, you corrected me! Then you teased me that the boy shouldn't be the one remembering this kinda stuff, it should be me! Makes me giggle just thinking about it! I got it this year, watch and see!I stuck to the traditional gift of wool, giving Chad a new wool (well, 57% at least) jacket, while he broke the rules and got me a platinum wedding band! My ring is platinum, but we have just had a white gold band to go with it, and you know how those fade. I haven't worn it in ages, so hubs did it right and went platinum this year! I feel spoiled and very ok with him breaking the rules.
However, there is one thing that we do on our anniversary (I know I have talked about it before, but feel like I should say it again) that is more meaningful than any "thing" you can buy. Our letters. Chad's sister (to her I am forever grateful) gave us advice that she was given, write letters to each other on our wedding night, after all is said and done; expressing our feelings about the day, each other, etc. and then seal them up and stick them away until our one year anniversary and open them up then. Then on each anniversary from that point on, you get to open up a new letter, written the year before and write one for the future. They are the most incredible, emotional, beautiful, reminder of our love for each other. I wouldn't trade them for the world and am so thankful that we actually took the time to start this! I love our anniversary for this simple reason alone.
If you aren't married yet, take my advice and DO THIS on your wedding night, if you are married, START THIS, it isn't ever too late! You won't be sorry!
To my husband, happy 7th year anniversary! I love you!

Linking up with Giggles, Glitz & Glam and talking about Wedding Bliss!
9 comments:
ohmyogd!!!
that's just superrr sweet!!
wish me and hubby could do the letter thingy but he's just not the writing type.. he wouldn't even write even if i paid him too!! sigh!
anyway, happy anniversary to both of u and may u both stay happy to celebrate many more years to come!
Happy Anniversary! And that letter idea is a great one!
You have given me some good advice over the years, but the letters are, hands down, the BEST my Frien. Glad you had a good 7TH one (hee hee!) GOOD job to Tad for breakin' the rule!
what a great post! so happy u got ur ring!! yay!! crazy its been this long already! seems like yesterday u were sittin out in front of rock bottom talking all nite :)
Happy Anniversary!!! xoxoxo
that is so cute! we shall do that too. i'll tell my husband that tonight..
what we did was. we chose 50 of our friends to write us letters. then each year as we celebrate our wedding anniversary, we will open one letter. that means we finish the entire letter box on our 50th anniversary. =D
I love this idea we are defiantly starting it this year, and this is something that I will pass along to future brides & grooms!!
Tara
thesmalltownmom.com
What a GREAT idea!!! We are planning our wedding for this June... And I am DEFINITELY incporating this tradition!!! Thanks so much for sharing! Stopping by from GG&G!!
This is so fun! I have loved looking at all of the weddings on the link party! Happy Anniversary!
www.girllovesglam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment