Friday, May 25, 2012

InstaFriday - Is it really the end?

This week is a little {ok, more like a LOT} bittersweet.  It is always exciting to reach the end of the school year {hello summer vacation and stay at home mommy status}, but this year was different.  This wasn't just going to be my last week teaching "those" kids, it was my last week at the Creek.  The last of a lot of things that I do as an 8th grade teacher and let me tell you it was hard.  It finally hit me in the car, as I drove home yesterday from school.  Tears, lots of them and while I cried almost every day this week, I finally just let it all out.

 I rocked my team day shirt {an oldie but a goodie} to school last Friday, my last school spirit day.  I packed up my room and just before I went home, I sat in my classroom one last time, taking it all in and I finally had the courage to open up the book my friend Holly made me. It was beautiful and she sure knows me so well {and how to make me cry}. 

 Saturday morning Kyan pulled out a very wiggly tooth, before he went on to play in his final game of the season!  He did such an awesome job and we are so proud of #22!  We are taking a break for the summer with sports, but have plans to start up again in the fall!  After the game we packed up my classroom into the back of our truck, until it was ready to be moved to the new classroom.  Then we headed to a birthday party for one of our friends!  The kids rocked their new hats to the party and I even got my hubby to pose in a picture with me {and he wasn't making a funny face...shocker}!  Was a long day and the kids crashed as soon as we got home!

 Just one picture from Sunday, but Lola girl learned to swim with no floaties!  She joined her brother and has officially become a little fish in the water!  We spent all afternoon and into the evening outside, in the water!

 Started off Monday morning killing a scorpion on our way out the door to school!  That little bugger was outside the garage and pretty small, but I somehow noticed it out of the corner of my eye and was able to smash it {but not before I took a quick, and so blurry pic.  I didn't want to get too close, it squared up on me and I thought it might try to sting me}!  While I was off on our 8th grade field trip that lasts well into the evening {we didn't get home until 7pm}, Lola graduated from preschool!  Well...kind of.  She graduated to become one of the leaders of next years class, she is just 4 and will be going again next year!  Grandma Donna was able to sneak away from work to attend and that was so special for Lola, although she told her teachers and myself that she was didn't want to play graduation that day!  HA!  She ended up participating wonderfully!  Thank you to Mrs. Ashby for sending me those pictures!  Kyan also had his end of the season baseball party, daddy was on duty {I was still on the field trip, playing laser tag!}  Meghan snapped that cute one of my three favorite peeps ever for me!  I was able to make it to about 30 minutes of the party to wish everyone a good season!

 Tuesday.  Hmmmm, not sure where I want to start this one.  First off, my boy performed in the talent show {hoping to get my hands on that video soon} and did a great job!  I wasn't there, as it was a busy day at school, but I heard they were a hit!  So my day?  Finished up my compliment cards to students {something we did as a homeroom, each kid writes something to everyone in the homeroom; words of encouragement, favorite memory with them, etc.}.  I am a quote girl and that one is one of my favorite.  I printed off 4x6's of it and then wrote a message to each one on the back.  The best part, and most surprising part of my day came during our awards ceremony, where one student read her hero speech to me.  Hero speeches {part of our end of the year activities too} weren't scheduled until Wednesday?!  Who?!  What?!  Me?!  A hero?!  No one has ever written something about me like she did.  It was so beautiful and special and just wow.  You really don't ever know the impact you have on someone's life.  You don't know who is watching and listening and paying attention.  Tuesday I found out and I have to say it felt pretty incredible to know that I have made that much of a difference in her life.

 Wednesday was a special day for my kids!  Water Day!!!!  They had so much fun!  Also, Grandpa Jerry arrived in town for the next two weeks so he came to hang out at the house for a little bit before he whisked them away for a sleepover!  They were so happy to see him and he was so much more fun to be with, not only have I been pretty quite {my hubby just called me emo} all week, but I got sick Tuesday too.  Ugh, so quiet/sick mama or super cool/fun grandpa?!  Hmmmm...not a tough choice at all.

8A.  I can't say that I have every worked on a team more incredible than them.  Ever.  Don't get me wrong, I am excited for the changes that lie ahead, but I can't help but look at this picture and think of what I am walking away from.  I love you Butler, Rooksie, Casillas, Thorne, and Hagen.


Linking up with Jeannett, you should too!  Life in phone pictures is RAD!
 
Photobucket

3 comments:

Denissa said...

Awe :( I'm sure it was a hard week!! That is SO awesome that you were recognized as a hero! I think that teachers are one of if not the most underpaid and unrecognized jobs!! So thank you from me too, because I don't think I could do it!
I know all about the bittersweet, it was that way for me too!
YAY Lola for no floaties!! We're working on that one too for Hayden :)
Happy Friday girly!!

Sheri said...

I love your instagram pics. Your hair is adorable!!! I linked from the InstaFriay at Life ReArranged - how fun. Have a blessed weekend - glad I found your cute blog :)

Candis said...

I definitely got a lil choked up by this post- feel your anxiety for change/a whole new start, but also relief that you get a much- deserved BREAK this summer! Don't try to take on too much, we need some Yenni/Rosie time too! Pumped for Monday!....